Hypnotizing someone in person.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnotizing someone in person.

Postby nightguy40 » January 24th, 2009, 6:21 am

When sitting down with someone to hypnotize them in person, are there any ways of telling when that person is truly in trance and not just faking it?

Any little tests that would tell the hypnotist that they have arrived?

Thanks.
nightguy40

Postby cardigan » January 24th, 2009, 8:09 am

There's a great test. Say to the subject "I'm going to take your right arm, and as I do so, you just continue going deeper and deeper. And you are going to feel me working with your arm" - Stroke his hand/arm over the place where you would like to deliver a killer pinch. Continue "I will be working here, and you will know that I will be working in this area, but it will in no way disturb you or cause you any sensations. Do you understand and accept this? Just give a nod if you do" - and then following the nod, you use both hands, fingernails and so forth to really pinch as hard as you can - on the wrist or on the top of the hand. While doing so, you notice the face of your subject. If no indication of discomfort or pain show themselves, then you will know that he is in a somnabulistic or deeper state. If on the other hand he is faking it, you and he will both be aware of this! :D

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » January 25th, 2009, 9:29 pm

yeah, i used to have fun with people, i would leave their arms in the air when i brought them out of trance and laughed myself silly when they tried to get off a couch or recliner as they could not move their arms until someone put them down for the person. they would get mad and be tellin us someone had to help them up because they could not move their arms. they had no idea i had them in trance as i put in a phrase to make them forget they were under yet they would do as they were instructed. i never done the triggers on anyone, i was just kinda blown away that i was able to put someone under and have the instructions work the first time as at the time, no one was able to put me under. but leavin the arms in the air, if they could not put their arms down without help, that was how i knew that i had really put them into trance.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby nightguy40 » January 25th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Thanks!

Very helpful.

Appreciate it. :)
nightguy40

Postby jli » February 12th, 2009, 7:13 am

It's a good idea. In addition, can try to test with asking the subject to move a little about a specific finger. Test for several times and take a look about his or her response at the fingers.
jli

Return to General Hypnosis