Eye movement

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Eye movement

Postby aurelie » May 20th, 2009, 8:10 am

Ok hello to all, new adventurer with hypnotism here!

Having experimented for the past few days with various files (Bubble Induction, Bubble Deepening, X girl time and magical lingerie), I've noticed a strange occurance.

When asked to go deeper, sometimes my eyes will start to go into a sort of Rapid Eye Movement state, sometimes flicking quickly from side to side slightly or in other patterns.. this can often continue for 5-10 minutes, leads to slight disorientation and once put me into a dizzying spiral. It seems to me that its happening due to my eyes trying to relax back and this causes them to go slightly cross-eyed etc.

What I am trying to figure out, is whether this is a symptom of me going into a trance, if it is my body attempting to resist trance, or if it is simply a muscle twitch which may be distracting me from achieving trance.

Has anyone else had this experience or have any input into it?

For the record Ive done a lot of voice work in the past with deep breathing and so on, so relaxing my body is not something that comes hard to me, so I would assume that I am going somewhat into trance (Though I have yet to 'drift off' yet).
aurelie

Postby Follower » May 20th, 2009, 12:46 pm

This has happened to me as well. I think it's a symptom of going into trance. You're fine.
Follower
Regular
Regular

Postby marca1 » May 21st, 2009, 4:55 am

REM - Rapid Eye Movement is a very common effect of going into trance! Some people have it some dont, there are various things that happen REM is just one of them!
marca1

Postby cardigan » May 25th, 2009, 4:09 am

Actually one of my live clients had her eyelids flutter constantly, and she complained about it - while still not quite deep enough. So I told her, that the fluttering of your eyes is a sign that you are going deep into trance, and the more they flutter, the deeper you go. ANd when you are totally deep, the flutter will stop.

So this acted both as a deepener to her and a signal to me. And it worked well. Always work with what you get if possible :-)

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Zombie_Genocide » May 26th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Ya Know'

The more that I see about Hypnoisis, the more I think that sleep paralizes (sp?) and trance are the same thing.
Zombie_Genocide
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis