What files work best?

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

What files work best?

Postby radosity » January 19th, 2011, 2:21 am

Just as the topic asks, I'm interested in knowing what files work best. I've listened to several, with no success. I'm quite the overthinker, so that's probably a big part of the problem.

Anyone in my position had success with certain files?
radosity

Postby Fizbin » January 19th, 2011, 3:25 am

First, a few things on general principle:

1. Different people will respond differently to any given file.
2. Behavioral changes are easier than physical changes.
3. Short-term/temporary is easier than long-term/permanent.
4. Trance-time effects (particularly "experiences") are more likely to be successful than post-hypnotic suggestions.
5. The more radical the effect, the more you must (at some level) really want the effect to affect you.

No matter what effect you are trying to achieve, a good induction really helps. So does focusing on one effect at a time. Many of the effect files have either no induction, or a fairly lightweight one (also called a "deepener") - watch the descriptions carefully. Check out the dedicated induction files (Note: the "Bubble" is labeled as an induction - it isn't.)

Almost everyone who has commented seems to go under to some degree with Blink's Basic Induction. You might consider using that, followed by a single effect file, to see where that gets you.
Fizbin
Regular
Regular

Re: What files work best?

Postby bandler » January 19th, 2011, 7:05 pm

radosity wrote:Just as the topic asks, I'm interested in knowing what files work best. I've listened to several, with no success. I'm quite the overthinker, so that's probably a big part of the problem.

Anyone in my position had success with certain files?

I am an overthinker too, and I just had success with Cardigan's Lucid Dreams file. I listened to it once to make sure it was not trying to slip in any sneaky stuff, and then once for real. I went into trance pretty deep, and had lucid dreams the next morning.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby radosity » January 20th, 2011, 4:28 am

Fizbin wrote:First, a few things on general principle:

1. Different people will respond differently to any given file.
2. Behavioral changes are easier than physical changes.
3. Short-term/temporary is easier than long-term/permanent.
4. Trance-time effects (particularly "experiences") are more likely to be successful than post-hypnotic suggestions.
5. The more radical the effect, the more you must (at some level) really want the effect to affect you.

No matter what effect you are trying to achieve, a good induction really helps. So does focusing on one effect at a time. Many of the effect files have either no induction, or a fairly lightweight one (also called a "deepener") - watch the descriptions carefully. Check out the dedicated induction files (Note: the "Bubble" is labeled as an induction - it isn't.)

Almost everyone who has commented seems to go under to some degree with Blink's Basic Induction. You might consider using that, followed by a single effect file, to see where that gets you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried confusion induction as it seemed to work well with people who think too much, and I went pretty deep. I had moderate success with another file.

And bandler, I've actually tried that file before, but to no avail. That was years ago though, I'll definitely give it another try. Thanks for the suggestions, you two.
radosity

Postby Fizbin » January 20th, 2011, 6:38 am

You're welcome!

Blink's Basic is an Ericksonian induction, which you might consider a "confusion" induction, but it is more "distraction" as there are a lot of different threads he makes you follow. Analytical types in particular seem to go under quite well with it.
Fizbin
Regular
Regular

Postby bandler » January 20th, 2011, 11:06 am

radosity wrote:

... I tried confusion induction as it seemed to work well with people who think too much, and I went pretty deep. I had moderate success with another file...

You might also try my file - counting confusion - It is just an induction, but it is a modified confusion induction with fractionation that works well on overthinkers and analytical types.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ocntrl » January 20th, 2011, 2:59 pm

Feel free to try my Total Relaxation (remix) in the free section or if you are premium any of the other inductions I did.
They work ok for some people.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » January 20th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Check out my files. Other than Harvard Suggestibility (which is more traditional), my inductions tend to work pretty well for overthinkers.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Success Stories