Master File, will it work?

This is a place to discuss Files you want to create, script writing, and hypnosis technique.

Moderator: EMG

Master File, will it work?

Postby Deemreo » February 26th, 2011, 2:16 am

Hello all... I recently had and acted on the idea of creating a file that links my subconscious to a text file on the computer. In that text file I create the name and description of an effect that I want.

It's been two... working on three weeks now; I have yet to see any real results, but I have had a pretty bad head cold which has stopped me from really testing the effects.

It's a file along the lines of the Magic Keyboard, only the effects are more permanent. The hypnosis file links and reinforces my connection to the text file... giving it control over my subconscious; so it reinforces in my mind while I sleep and every time I think of the Master File. In addition every time I read the master file and the effects listed it increases the effect.

I did this because I have a laundry list of changes to make... but I can't decide on which to do, and making the hypnosis files are a pain in the ass. I wanted to know if you people think it would work... or if I'm better off just doing regular hypnosis files.

I've been doing the file multiple times a day for nearly three weeks, and reading the master file equally as often; But I'm looking for long term effects like Shorter Sleeping, and the effects of some of the files you can find on this site.

Thoughts?

*Edit: I should note, that though I have a laundry list of changes; I'm also very slowly adding them to the master file, starting off with just one change until I start to see some effects.
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby CharredSoul » February 26th, 2011, 5:08 am

are you recording your own files?

what type of suggestions are you using?

if you post a copy could work on it a bit, and will have a bit of input
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Deemreo » February 27th, 2011, 2:48 am

Yes, I am recording my own files... suggestions? I'm not sure I follow you.

It's not that I need help making or modifying the file, but rather if the concept at all is a good one, or if I should stick to just using individual files for each effect I want.
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » February 27th, 2011, 8:20 am

Deemreo wrote:Yes, I am recording my own files... suggestions? I'm not sure I follow you.

It's not that I need help making or modifying the file, but rather if the concept at all is a good one, or if I should stick to just using individual files for each effect I want.

Hello Deemreo,

Interesting concept. At first I was thinking that you may be causing problems if you put the laundry list of changes into the file. But you cleared that up when you said that you only put in one change and are waiting for the effects of that change before adding others. That sounds like the right approach.

I believe people can be hypnotized through text. Reading a book can often take people into a type of trance. However, I think that effective hypnosis through text can require many pages of engaging text. For example, pick up a book in which you don't care for the story or the style of writing and you are unlikely to be able to really get into the story.

It was unclear to me how you went about this project. Did you start with a recorded Mp3 file that tells you you will respond to the suggestions you place in the master file? If that is not what you did, I would suggest you do so. Then I would listen to that file for several weeks before even looking at the master file. That file will need to take effect before you can expect effects from the master file.

How well this works is likely to depend not only on how you constructed the master text file but just as importantly on how you constructed the file that prepared you for the text file as well as your preparation and training in getting ready to use the text file.

Not that you need my help in how to construct those files, but you might consider placing a few paragraphs of text in the master file that have an abbreviated induction that you read before you get to the suggestions in the text file. Just enough to call up the the frame of mind you are in when listening to the recorded file that instructs you that you respond to the words in the master text file.

Construct the recorded file in such a way that it installs an additional trigger beyond just reading or thinking of the file. A trigger that uses something in the abbreviated induction. Use some of the same words and phrases in the text file as in the recorded file. Then in the recorded file you may say something like....

"You are hearing my words and they take you into trance. Hearing the words XXXXX takes you into trance. You hear the words XXXXX and what you hear imediately after causes lasting changes in you. You read the master file and it takes you into trance. Reading the words XXXXX you hear them in my voice. You hear the words XXX in my voice when you read them as though I were speaking them to you. You read XXXXX and you go into trance. What you read imediately after reading XXXXX causes lasting changes in you....."

Of courser I have no way of knowing. You may have already constructed the file similarly to this, but that is my suggestion.

Then, as already suggested, you should listen to the recorded file for a few weeks before ever going to the master text file. If you don't mind me suggesting one of my own files, you might find my file, Sarnoga - G File, to be complimentary to your recorded file. It might help the results if you listened to your own file once each day for two days. The third day listen to G File instead, the fourth day start over with your file and repeat the process for a few weeks.

As mentioned at the begining of this post, you have an interesting concept. You may be able to get it to work and if you do it sounds like it will yield many benefits. It is also possible it will not work, but accomplishing such a task is not an easy or simple matter and just because you are slow in seeing results from the first go, doesn't mean the concept is flawed.

Consider using the suggestions above if that is not something you have already done. Stick with the recorded file for several weeks before attempting to use the master text file. Then when starting to use the master text file continue to use your recorded file a couple times a week.

You may very well find yourself achiving success. If not try tinkering with things a bit, perhaps find ways to improve the recorded file, or the recorded file and the text file which should have some common threads. Then try again. Such a file sounds challenging. Do not assume you will get it right on the first try or give up if you don't.

If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
Thomas A. Edison, Encyclopaedia Britannica
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

Regards,

Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Another thought.

Postby sarnoga » February 27th, 2011, 8:22 am

Success will also depend on the suggestions you put into the master text file. You cannot expect to have success with suggestions that would not work even if placed directly into a recorded file.

Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby CharredSoul » February 27th, 2011, 8:03 pm

as in suggestions i mean indirect mixed with direct and since it is a self recorded you have a mixture of 1st and 3rd person suggestions typically startingoff with 3rd person, you will continue to relax deeper and deeper all throughout your body all throughout your mind, then go into 1st person, i continue relaxing deeper and deeper all throughout my body all through out mymind, the subconcious does recognise its own voice.

as for you laundry list, i would reccomend that you group similars together if you want to do 2 or more things on your list, otherwise take it one step at a time.

i don't know how this would work but you could do a compelling future, where you see your self having all the things achieved on your list, but it has to be very vivid, you have to know what it feels, looks, and sounds like to really obtain it.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Deemreo » February 27th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Thank you both for the help.

The way I constructed this setup is simple. First I have the Audio Hypnosis file, which links for to the file; and makes it so that any changes I have written in the text file are followed by me.

The second half is the actual master file. The contents of the master file are simply a list of effects; for instance an effect will have a name and a fairly brief description, usually between five and ten sentences.

I have the text file setup to make the audio file more powerful, and I have the audio file setup to tell me that every time I read the text file the effects become stronger. Neither file is particularly hypnotic, as one is a fairly short text file, and the other is meant to be used after an induction.

However, generally I seem to be pulled back towards just making audio files... Before I would do laundry list type files, and for someone who is fairly new to hypnosis, that's not a very good idea. Then I created this file so I wouldn't have to keep making changes to my audio files... but now I think I'm ready to go slow with each change at a time.

The problem is choosing which one... :P

Now I'm going to have to get back to writing!
Deemreo
Regular
Regular

Postby CharredSoul » February 28th, 2011, 4:35 am

generally start off with teh easiest goal to obtain, you will build a foundation of rapport with your subconscious mind, that it trusts in you in trusting it to change and to take the right steps for change.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby Gnostic » July 10th, 2011, 5:37 am

May I add that it might be helpful to add a suggestion to the end of the Master text file suggesting that the effects of the text file "will go with you...." (you can decide if you want to consciously remember the suggestions in the Master text file or not).

You want the effects of the changes suggested in the Master text file to last after you have come out of trance--you want them to stay with you and become a part of you--so it can be helpful to tell/suggest to your unconscious mind that this is what you want and that this is what you want it to do.

Whether you put it at the end of the suggestions in the Master text or incorporate it into your awakener (which should also contain a suggestion that you will be able to sleep whenever you wish to and will awaken from your sleep completely and totally refreshed), at some point you have to instruct your unconscious mind to bring your post-hypnotic suggestions into your post-hypnotic reality if you want them to take effect.

I hope this helps.
Gnostic

Return to File Making & Hypnosis Techniques